01 November 2008

Ghoulest Halloween Ever



Okay, my puns need work. The Cryptkeeper would fire me. But Katie and I did host the PC RIM NDB Halloween party on Thursday night. We dressed up (sort of) but did not trick or treat. If we did, I'm pretty sure the locals would have...

a) stared blankly at us not knowing what to do
b) laughed uncontrollably
c) lynched us
d) been indifferent

Choose your own adventure. We cooked good, old-fashioned hamburgers that were marinated in none other than KC's own Gates BBQ Sauce (I brought a jar from home). Oh how I miss the BBQ. Maylen bought a tasty Happy Halloween monogramed cake. We also carved a jack-o-melon (no pumpkins available) and bobbed for apples (see below). Last but not least, we watched the first 9 "Treehouse of Horror" episodes of the Simpsons. Not too shabby.

School is going well and is in almost full swing. I only have one class that hasn't commenced because of registration problems and they are going as smooth as I could have imagined. Some I can already tell will be more or less difficult that others. I was really nervous to teach the adult classes because many of the students, if not all, are older than me and very many are teachers themselves. But many adult students assured me I had conducted a good first lesson and they seemed really enthusiastic about learning English. On Wednesday night the power went out and we continued the lesson by the light of cell phones; it was great. We'll see if they all continue to come. Also, next Friday, I will start a general music appreciation/history/performing/I don't know what the hell I'm gonna do class at the girls mentoring center. I really need to put in some planning this week to come up with concrete ideas that will actually work. Please comment if you have any! Ha!

Today will also prove to be significant for me and many I know because my good friend Andy Young is getting married. I am an honorary groomsman and it kills me that I can't be there in person. He's marrying Jamie Cox, a wonderful woman (even though she grew up in Mizzurah) who, from what I have observed, is truly his best friend - because a lot of us just don't like him that much...just kidding Andy! Seriously though, congratulations, we love you guys.

All in all, things are coming together pretty well. Stay tuned for PROM #2, good luck to the new president, he's gonna need it, and scream you later (wow, that's genuinely horrible)










1 comments:

regina said...

Oh. Ghoulest as in coolest. Okay. I get it. Did you guys make the skeleton that's laying on the rug?