28 July 2008

NouadhiBOO-YAH!

So...first and foremost, my title totally blows Katie's out of the water. I guess I can just convey so much more in my typing. For instance, now everyone knows how the last syllable of our permanent site is pronounced. YES! No-awd-ee-boo is great. They have good food, a cool climate, few mosquitos, internet access, BEACHES! I can't believe it. We will still have our challenges though. My school is pretty big and the students will probably be more intimidating, and it may take longer to become a part of the community. But we are up for the challenge. We both are anxious to start our language training again. One more month of training, and then 2 years in Nouadhibou. I'll try and post more often, especially since we will most likely have internet access. Hope all is well. Take care everyone. Bye

Mike

3 comments:

DanaDoesDesign said...

I am so excited for both of you, and I am glad the permanent post is turning out to be a good place.

Best of luck with your language training, I always look forward to reading both of your posts! It cool to hear about it from two perspectives.

All the best,

Dana (you know, Adam's friend)

picture-me-rollin said...

Don't drop any Stuart Scott "Boo-Ya" references while over there. You may inadvertently offend someone, while also sounding like a "stupid American."

Also, I don't know anyone named Dana?

Unknown said...

Hello Mike and Katie! We are sooooo glad that you are in a place where it will be a little cooler and a better choice of food. I would like to try goat sometime, but I don't want the head looking back at me. It is 100 plus degrees here today. Too hot for me. And it is supposed to be hotter tomorrow. Hopefully it won't stay around much longer. It hasn't been too bad till now. Miss you. Love Tom and Cheryll