19 May 2008

hmmm...remember when Homer Simpson cloned himself to get more done?

Hello anyone, 

This is Mike.  One month to go.  Our apartment looks like all the rooms simultaneously threw up.  But I guess that's part of packing.  We've purchased many fun new items: mosquito tent, solar shower, shortwave radio, laptop computer, Africa guitar (thanks Chuck), and my favorite, a leatherman multi-tool.  I now carry a tool on my belt like a tool.  I've also taken many steps to end my tenure as a guitar teacher in Lawrence.  It's been hard letting go of many students.  It's a weird job to have and even more strange when you have to quit.  It's like having 40 bosses you get to teach and you enjoy their company.  
We have also had many events and more to come.  The most exciting for me, was my sister's wedding.  Regina and I were only a year apart growing up so we are extremely close.  She was married to Chad Kraus (another NY architect) on a ranch in the Tall Grass Prairie.  It was a ballsy move, but they had a perfect weekend weather-wise (look for the pictures).  We also had Katie's sister's graduation and my two engaged friends' (Casey and Jenny) graduation.  That means all we have left is:  Ben and Amber's wedding, Brendan's 30th b-day, Adam's wedding, a family reunion, 4 going away parties, moving, oh and record a cd with my band.  Gotta go.

Mike  

1 comments:

Nancy Pfannenstiel said...

hey Katie and Mike. I am reading your comments and enjoy them a great deal. (Usually read them at work Katie HA). I wish you both the best and plan to keep up with your journey. You both sound extremely busy. Wow.